NZ Hemp Hurd 10kg Bale (for Hempcrete, Insulation, Animal Bedding Or Litter )The Hemp Farm NZ
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 12 - 25 and get $2.00 off
- Buy 26 or above and get $5.00 off
NZ HEMP HURD FOR HEMPCRETE, ANIMAL BEDDING OR NATURAL LITTER
- Pick up only, from our Auckland store. No deliveries sorry.
- This 10kg (approx) compressed brick will expand 2-3 times in size/volume once removed. Compressed dimensions: 600mm (L) x 300mm (W) x 360mm (H), 0.065m3
- Please contact us if you would like to order more than we currently have in stock (restocking is usually 4-7 days)
FOR HEMPCRETE GREEN BUILDING:
- High Performance Material perfect for 'green' building.
- Dimensions: 600mm (L) x 300mm (W) x 360mm (H), 0.065m3
- Volume: 68 litres, expands to 170 litres
- Average Weight: 10kg
Hempcrete is a natural, non toxic alternative to concrete, and can also replace traditional wood and fibreboard walls. Hempcrete is easily made using hemp hurds mixed with lime and water, which is then tamped into form work to create walls. As the hempcrete sets it becomes very strong and draws sequesters carbon from the atmosphere.
Hemp Hurds can also be used for insulation. Fill wall or ceiling cavaties and enjoy the superiour insulative properties of hemp's hollow fibres.
WHY BUILD WITH HEMP
- High Insulation Value
- Rock-like Wall Strength
- Long-lasting, Durable Material
- Fast Construction Times
- Simple and Economical
- Mould and Pest Resistant
- Easy to Change or Repair
REASONS TO LIVE IN A HEMPCRETE STRUCTURE
- Non-toxic and Natural
- Thermally Comfortable
- Acoustically Absorbent
- Atmospheric CO2 Removal/Storage
- Heating and Cooling Cost Savings
- Good Thermal Mass
- Built-in Humidity Management
ALSO SUITABLE FOR ANIMAL BEDDING OR NATURAL LITTER:
Spread a layer of hurd in your stable or chicken coop, lightly sprinkle with water to settle the product and your precious animals can enjoy the warmth and comfort of hemp bedding.
This is the premium hemp litter of choice for small and large animals. Provide the best for your horses, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, mice, reptiles, puppies and kittens.
- 100% natural hemp animal bedding material.
- Made from super absorbent hemp stalk core.
- Effectively controls odor for longer than other litter.
- Twice the absorbancy of wood shavings.
- Almost zero dust content to keep airways healthy.
- Maintains an optimal humidity levels in stables, tanks and cages.
- Hemp animal bedding naturally repels problem insects.
- High thermal rating to keep cozy in winter and cool in summer.
- Soft texture provides a comfortable cushions for restful sleep.
- Hemp cellulose is an eco-friendly sustainable resource.
- Can be used as a soil enriching fast decomposing garden mulch.
- Grown without chemical sprays in New Zealand.
The natural properties of hemp hurd also make it incredible in the garden, where the mulch enriches and protects the soil, encouraging earthworm activity and healthy soil microbe and fungi. Place around flower beds, vegetable gardens, ornamental fruit trees, or potted plant to keep moisture in the soil during summer. Use in winter to prevent the ground from chilling, which protects the roots of trees and perennials. You may also find an increase in other beneficial insect and animal life, such as praying mantis and lizards. This occurs as a result of creating a safe and healthy organic ecosystem in your garden, all of which begins with healthy soil.